Putting The Master Sword. Putting The Master Sword.

Woah, wait now, on ONES?! You animated this on ones...
Straight ahead method, but still. Ones. Sweet mother of Flipbook.

Not to mention a rotation of Link, hand drawn to look 3D, that is quite impressive. What did you use to keep it on model? An in-game sequence and went over it?

Impressive. Most impressive.

Shollis responds:

actually rotations scene was the toughest , took me about 2 week to draw & 1 week to paint. No models used except in hand scene that was kinda impossible to do with olny imagination. Also the final scene the blue energy lines and pionts were made frame by frame(with some duplicates), only the last scene took more than 1 month to get it. Conclusion it's too much work for 1 single person.
I'm looking for collab right now.

Newgrounds in a Nutshell Newgrounds in a Nutshell

Two words.
"Yup".

Snow Hare Snow Hare

Absolutely stunning. Such a strong piece and traditionally animated no-less. 5 out of 5 stars!

ShawnBranden responds:

Thanks buddy!

Road Rage Tidbits Road Rage Tidbits

Not really a game...

Most of the functionality of this 'game' as you may call it, does not function. Also the legitimacy of this 'game' may not coincide with Newgounds policy. You are using copyrighted images, characters and music from the Simpsons without parodying it.

I'm sorry, but this submission may not even make it.

Get the ball to target! Get the ball to target!

Sorry but...

Make games that work.
It doesn't even preload for most people.

Ultimate Physics Game Ultimate Physics Game

Algorithms

Your physics algorithms are a little off. You'll need to take into account surface friction on round objects. I was stopped at a point in the game where a ball (the black one) had to be removed from the map, yet it was crawling at a constant rate (VERY SLOWLY) until it rolled off the map, 10 minutes later.

You should either take into account, a surface friction algorithm for rounded objects, or set a TTL (Time to Live) on objects so that they eventually HAVE to stop after, I'd say 30 seconds.

Otherwise, you're on the right track!
from a fellow programmer and engine designer :)

GroZGames responds:

Thanks for your input -- I used Box2D to make it but the damping values might not be set high enough.

"A Night To Remember." "A Night To Remember."

....Dinobot?

benjadaninja responds:

Rhinosnot

Eclipsica's avatar. Eclipsica's avatar.

Looks great!
There is a little bit of a tangent on the right-hand side of her hair, it's almost touching the edge of the piece, it causes my eye to divert there instead of towards her face and eyes.

But overall, great piece, great idea using Flash for the linework.

ChildSafetyLid responds:

I was pleased to read your comment. Lately I've been reading about controlling the viewer, and this tangent was (believe it or not) thought out and place purposely. When I saw this girls' avatar I could feel the hair wrapping her head, so large, and I wanted to exaggerate that further in my piece. Her eyes were unsaturated and unimportant compared to her crimped collar and crown. Thank you for your thoughtful words!

I'm thirsty I'm thirsty

As Airplane once put it. She has a "drinking problem".

lockebelmont responds:

A serious one. Hopefully i'll get it fixed next go around.

Sackboy Sackboy

Fastic rendering.

Great understanding of lighting and composition.

I REALLY like the soft touch you added to your work, even with the lens flare off of Sockboy's eyes.